Labor Day Trip Ideas
Last minute Labor Day weekend plans? Worry not. We’re here to let you know a few happenings for this busy, yet relaxing weekend!
- New York City
- US Open: It’s time to watch top tennis players go match-for-match during the Labor Day weekend! If you’re in NYC, catch a game or two and then experience the different food vendors and music, live on the grounds. Food, music AND sports? Sounds perfect.
- West Indian American Day Carnival: Celebrating its 46th year, the West Indian American Day Carnival is set to give off another cultural-inspiring event. With exotic foods, colorful clothing and entertainment, you won’t be disappointed. Grab the family and friends and make your way to the party.
- Chicago Jazz Festival: The Chicago Jazz Festival is a Labor Day tradition. Starting in 1979, the festival continues to showcase the art of jazz music to all age groups. With free admission and amazing talent, there are more than enough reasons to visit the festival this weekend.
- North Coast Music Festival: Are you a music lover? Well, look no further! The North Coast Music Festival brings musicians from different genres – hip hop, electronic, indie rock – to one stage. Taking place at Union Park from Aug. 30 to Sept. 1, this is another chance to embrace summer’s music festival scene. Get to it!
- San Diego
- Festival of Sail: Whether you’re spending your Labor Day with family or friends, the Festival of Sail is the “largest tall ship festival on the west coast”. From a 30-minute bay cruise to cannon fire salutes, there’s a variety of entertainment this festival offers. Don’t miss it if you’re in the area.
- Summer Nights at Sea World: If you’re in San Diego during Labor Day weekend, then you’re in luck! Open for special nighttime hours, SeaWorld® will host an amazing evening show that will conclude with a fireworks show. This doesn’t happen every night, so take advantage of it while you can.
- Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game: I know I’m among thousands who are ready for football season! Well, what better way to prepare than to actually attend a game? On Saturday, Aug. 31, watch Alabama and Virginia Tech go head-to-head in the Georgia Dome. The Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game hasn’t been recognized as the “official beginning of college football season” for the fifth consecutive year for no reason.
- Art in the Park (Marietta, GA): We’re going to switch gears – from sports to art. Since 1986, Art in the Park has been a part of Marietta’s history. This weekend is a wonderful time to enjoy art, while also taking in other aspects of Marietta’s close-knit community.
- A Taste of Colorado: Where are the foodies? You’ll love this! What a coincidence…A Taste of Colorado takes place during Labor Day weekend. I think that’s a fantastic idea. Bringing you more than 50 restaurants and food establishments, there will be more than enough delicious treats to keep your tummy happy. Besides the food, this event will also have a great music lineup! Check out food vendors and musicians today at http://www.atasteofcolorado.com/.
- Colorado Rockies vs. Cincinnati Reds: On Saturday, Aug. 31, and Sunday, Sept. 1, the Colorado Rockies and Cincinnati Reds will be playing at Coors Field. After the Taste of Colorado, travel on over to a game and feed your love of baseball. We’re trying to cover all bases here.
Where do you plan on spending your Labor Day? Let us know!