Every Season Calls for Ice Cream
…but it’s something about warm weather that makes the coldness of ice cream oh-so-right. I was born and raised in Tulsa, OK, so I grew up on Blue Bell ice cream and Braum’s. I loved going to Braum’s and getting a scoop (or 2) of cookies and cream in a waffle cone. Talk about delicious! Well, whether you’re planning to travel north, east, south or west, we’ve included some ice cream spot suggestions.
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream
- Planning to visit Columbus, Ohio soon? If not, it’s ok. You might be able to find Jeni’s at your local grocery store, but get this, you can also order from her website. Check it out and choose a flavor. Yum!
- Blue Bell Ice Cream
- My childhood favorite! You can find Blue Bell in the following states: Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. According to their website, they’re also available in some parts of the following states: New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, Virginia, Colorado and Wyoming.
- And depending on where you’re traveling, you might be close enough to catch a tour at their production facilities! They’re located in Brenham, Texas; Broken Arrow, Okla.; and Sylacauga, Ala. Do we get a free scoop for touring? Never hurts to ask.
- Braum’s Ice Cream
- Braum’s is not limited to just ice cream; it also has milk, burgers, etc. However, since we’re spotlighting ice cream, we’re keeping on top of the task at hand. Located in parts of Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas and Arkansas, if you’re near one, you must stop by for a scoop of their delicious ice cream. Check out their locations here: http://www.braums.com/store-locator/.
- Another fun family experience…if you’re traveling to or through Tuttle, Okla., you can actually tour the family farm and see where the magic happens!
- Capogiro Gelato Artisans
- Gelato, anyone? Now we’re taking it to the Northeast. Say hello to Capogiro’s in Philly! With mentions and accolades from the New York Post and Daily Candy, you’ll want to stop by and taste what all the gelato chat is about.
- After reading the flavors menu, I’m ready to book my travel today. Are you?
- Molly Moon’s Homemade Ice Cream
- As you may have read, Seattle is on my travel list for 2013. After reading about Molly Moon’s, I’ll definitely be adding this ice cream shop on the itinerary,
- By the way, it even has a food truck during the spring/summer time! Gotta love being able to enjoy ice cream inside or out. What did I do to deserve this goodness?