City of the Month: Toronto, Ontario
We love that we are able to offer travel to folks in the U.S. and Canada. This time around, we decided to open up the New Year with Toronto, Ontario as our City of the Month.
For the adventurer:
- One must-do while in Toronto is visiting Niagara Falls! From the waterfalls (of course) to restaurants, there are so many things to capture while you’re at this destination. Keep this in mind, it’s about a 90-minute drive from Toronto, but it’s worth every minute.
- Another stop would be the CN Tower! According to its site, the tower is known as of the “Seven Wonders of the Modern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers.” This fact alone should be enough to want to marvel in the beauty of this attraction.
For a cultural experience:
- Founded in 1900, the Art Gallery in Ontario holds more than 80,000 works in its collection. This museum will provide you with a true “blast to the past” experience, as it has art dating back to 100 A.D. Make sure you carve out some time for this beautiful place: http://www.ago.net/visit.
- Are you a fan of design? From architecture to furniture to graphics, the Design Exchange is there to open your mind past what you thought it could visualize. Check it out!
For the kid-friendly group:
- Put on your walking shoes and get ready for some fun! Canada’s Wonderland is an amusement park that the entire family can enjoy. Opening day is May 5, 2013. Check your calendars. We’re checking ours!
- How about some educational fun? We can hear the kid’s screaming “YES!” now. Look no further than the Ontario Science Centre. Offering a hands-on experience for science and technology, this was made for today’s generation!
Where do you go when you’re in Toronto? We want to know!
Toronto skyline image from Tourism Toronto.